Recent Blog Posts
- Russ Gibb Memorial May 17 – Gibb Scholarship fund.
- Russ Gibb Grande Flash Mob 5.5.19
- Jim Dunbar – Gibb friend and California radio great passes
- Russ Gibb Remembered
- Russ Gibb Passes at age 87
- Grande Spanish Tile Magic
- Grande Ballroom 2.0 Pronounced Viable
- Grande Column Corbels Repatriated
- Grande Ballroom Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- The Grande Ballroom Mural
Grande Blog Archive
Category Archives: Part 2: Design for Function
In researching the Grande Ballroom Detroit’s Rock n Roll Palace I learned of the Architects Graven and Mayger and their involvement in Detroit architecture and two significant Southern movie palaces. Several years ago I had the opportunity to visit the … Continue reading
“Grande Balroom architect Charles Agree also designed a few residential homes but only did so at the pleading of his best customers.” Here is an image that did not make the book of 18603 Wildemere in Detroit’s University district. This is an … Continue reading
Grande Architect Charles Agree used the latest techniques and leveraged great minds and artisans in his creative process. Learn about one such young engineer and his research that improved the way a hall SOUNDED. For more.. get the book!