Recent Blog Posts
- The Grande Ballroom Mural
- The Grande Ballroom heads to D.C. and the National Register of Historic Places
- The Grande Ballroom – National Register of Historic Places – Final Phase
- Grande Ballroom opens October 27,1928!
- Bluesbreaker (Grande book excerpt)
- Grande Ballroom Aerial Survey 2017
- Grande Ballroom Analysis / Fund Kicks Off!
- Save the Grande! F.O.G. volunteers meeting – Nov.13
- Save the Grande! Friends of the Grande Volunteer meeting. August 2017
- Save the Grande! Friends of the Grande meeting July 6
Grande Blog Archive
Category Archives: Part 2: Design for Function
In researching the Grande Ballroom Detroit’s Rock n Roll Palace I learned of the Architects Graven and Mayger and their involvement in Detroit architecture and two significant Southern movie palaces. Several years ago I had the opportunity to visit the … Continue reading
“Grande Balroom architect Charles Agree also designed a few residential homes but only did so at the pleading of his best customers.” Here is an image that did not make the book of 18603 Wildemere in Detroit’s University district. This is an … Continue reading
Grande Architect Charles Agree used the latest techniques and leveraged great minds and artisans in his creative process. Learn about one such young engineer and his research that improved the way a hall SOUNDED. For more.. get the book!